Job title: Marrickville Hospital Redevelopment
Client: Mirvac Constructions
Duration: 38 weeks.
Description of project: Site remediation, bulk earthworks for both council community centre and residential redevelopments.
- Remediation earthworks on site including site clearing, tree removal, cut and fill to approved RL’s.
- Hazmat removal from within existing heritage and non-heritage structures
- Removal of existing services, electrical, gas, telco, stormwater and sewer
- Bulk demolition of dilapidated 7story ‘nurses quarter’, low-rise terrace houses and disused hospital facilities
- Detailed internal demolition within heritage structures for future refurbishment
- Shoring wall installation and bulk earthworks for remediation material placement in excavation 1 (Community Hub)
- Shoring wall installation and bulk earthworks for excavation 2 (Residential Hub)
- Bulk excavation across both buildings – 45,000m3
- Structural piles installation, strip and pad footings for residential redevelopment.
Value of Contract: $ 10.0 million