Client: Northern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (NMCT)
Superintendent: Crown Project Services Pty Ltd
Duration: 16 weeks.
Description of project:
The project incorporated civil construction, stabilisation and remedial works within five sections of the site. The scope included:
- 42,000 m2 of clearing and grubbing of the embankments and stockpiles.
- 18,000 m2 of cutting and filling of batters.
- 30,000 m2 of final trimming to batters and flat areas.
- 40,000 m2 of top soil re-used on site during landscape stage.
- 460 metres of spoon drainage in the middle of the batter
- 150 metres of shotcrete drainage including concrete support and the construction of swale drains utilising riprap rocks recycled from site.
- 120m of 1.8m footpaths throughout the site.
- 10,000 m2 of planting along the embankment areas.
- Cleaning and rehabilitation of the existing basin area including shotcreting of embankment and mid-berm.
- Construction of new retaining walls
Value of Contract (Approx.): $1,800,000